Dienstag, 30. März 2010

Discussion with director

I had an interesting discussion with the Executive Director on a couple of issues that are related to the comments from the survey. The most important outcome -as I see it- is that she really sees the need for guidelines for the PhD advisors. Maybe we can work out a couple of points that we find important and send it to her for further discussion.
Another thing that I was not fully aware of is that the dean of the faculty can be seen as a godlike entity with supernatural powers... okay, maybe not supernatural powers but with a very strong position regarding more or less any aspect of faculty regulations or administration. This means that we somehow have to try to involve him in a constructive way if we want to change anything within a reasonable period.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Good idea! I am very much in favour of being constructive. Still I would prefer if the supervisors and students would need to acknowledge these guidelines (e.g. by a signature), but it is good to come forward with suggestions.
    I still think we could orient ourselves on supervision agreements from other graduate schools. I have collected some and will post them here. Hopefully I will even find the time to write a draft of our udnerstandings of the 'supervision guidelines'.

    Thanks for the contribution!

    AntwortenLöschen